Robotics Exploration & Screen Free Programming
Design, Build & Program Your Own Robot
For Grades K-2
Your Kids Will:
- Learn how things work and gain the skills to create their own solutions
- Develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Develop empathy, curiosity, grit and creativity
- Get hands-on learning and develop fine motor skills as robotics sets are designed for young learners and use building block components that are LEGO® compatible
Course Overview: Robotics Exploration and Screen Free Programming: Unit 1
This introductory course will inspire excitement for learning about robotics and coding. Your kid will learn to work through problems with the support of social emotional learning and a focus on Empathy, Curiosity, Creativity, and Grit. Kids will learn basic coding terminology and concepts and be able to build and run their own robotics designs using coding cards and a card reader.
Your kids will also learn about the engineering design process, infrared technology, motors electricity, logic, algorithms, sequential thinking, loops, and conditional statements.
Course includes RoboRobo Kid Block Core Set ($199 value)
These robotic sets are educational, engaging, and perfect for young kids (ages 5-8) and building components are LEGO® compatible.
- Sets include CPU, LEDs, DC Motors, Infrared Sensors, a Buzzer, and Contact Sensors.
- Includes a workbook that have step-by-step building guides for 13+ builds.
- Uses screen free programming so kids will learn about coding without needing a computer.
- The open build and open coding platform allows your kids to learn the technology and coding terminology in an incremental way and then take their knowledge to the next level by designing, building, and operating their own creation - including a battle bot, a problem based learning solution, and more!
Satisfaction Guaranteed: Our promise to you. If you and your kid are not happy after the first two classes, we’ll give you a full refund or help you find another course. See FAQ for more details.
Parents & Kids Love Us“My 5 yr old took the Build a Robot class. He LOVED it. The instructor was amazing and did a great job guiding the kids online. She was so encouraging. He can't wait until the next one!”
“We love Build-A-Robot! We have two elementary students who have attended since it opened. It's been such an amazing place for them to grow in their building skills and knowledge of coding. Not only that, they learn about working with others, presenting their work, and problem solving skills. We highly recommend Build-a-Robot to the community!”
Social Emotional Learning Topics: Empathy, Curiosity, Creativity, Grit
Lesson 1: Introduction to class, overview of robotics, check out set materials, and discussion on social emotional learning topics
Lesson 2: Levers with build of V-bot or Catapult-bot
Lesson 3: LEDs, CPU and programming with robot build (electricity, circuits)
Lesson 4: DC Motors with robot build (torque, mechanical energy, direct versus alternating current)
Lesson 5: Continue DC Motor build and programming DC Motors (speed, direction)
This course is intended for beginners who are early elementary students and want to learn about robotics. No prior experience is needed.
Need more challenge? Check out our Build an Autonomous Robot with mBot course.
Do you need help picking the right course? Contact Us for help choosing the best option for your kid.
- Zoom installed and accessible on device being used for course.
- RoboRobo Kid Block Set (Included with purchase)
- Materials take 5 - 8 business days to deliver with standard free shipping. We recommend that you place your order with expedited shipping if materials are needed sooner; however, we cannot guarantee that all materials will arrive prior to the start of the first class.
Your kid will be part of a small group, live online class that meets 1 hour/week. Outside of class, we expect they may need up to an hour to work on concepts or to finish building/programming their robots. However don’t be surprised if your kid wants to do more on their own for fun.
We believe that human-centered skills and technical skills need to go hand in hand in order to create inspired leaders and problem solvers who will direct positive, social change through technological advancement. With this vision in mind, we add Social Emotional Learning (SEL) to all of our courses. The SEL topics for this course are Empathy, Curiosity, Creativity, and Grit.
Our promise to you – if you or your kid are not happy within the first two classes, we’ll give you a full refund or help you find a different course. Full refund applies to $179 tuition, only, and does NOT include a refund on course materials which are yours to keep. The request for a refund or transfer must be made within 3 business days from the date of the second class.