Creatives and Coders wanted! In this 6-week session, students will learn to create and populate a large cast of non-player characters (characters not controlled by a player of a game) using Toys2Life, an artificial intelligence enabled platform that allow characters to talk to one another. Students will learn to write character’s dialog lines and back stories, voice act the lines, and perform simple programming of interactions using tag editing in a JSON (Java Script Object Notation) environment. This session’s Social Emotional Learning Topics are Gratitude and Positive Thinking.
Build-A-Robot K12 (and its parent company, Kids2GLOW, PBC) record live classes for the safety and learning of our students and staff. Recordings are provided to our staff and the families of our students to help:
- Students learn if they missed the class
- Students review material that was covered that they want to go over again
- Teachers improve their classes
- Teachers train on new material
- Staff for safety and compliance purposes
By registering for an online class, students and their parent/guardian agree to the following safety and etiquette rules to help provide a safe and comfortable learning environment for all:
- I agree to have the class recorded.
- I will not give out personal information such as my full name, address, telephone number, guardian’s work addresses/telephone numbers without my guardian’s permission.
- I will not give out my passwords to anyone (even my best friends) other than my guardians.
- I will be courteous to those in my class and treat them with kindness and respect.
- I will not share the private information of other students (i.e. age, name, address).