Computer Science Independent Study Project
Gain More Knowledge, Skills, and Expertise in Computer Science
Private Instruction For Grades 9 - 12
Your Kids Will:
- Dive into a project or content area in more depth and take their skills to the next level
- Receive mentorship and support from a top level instructor
- Be able to work at their own pace
- Get individual attention to ensure all questions and needs are addressed
- Be able to focus on an area that is specific to their interest or passions
Course Overview: Computer Science Independent Study Project
Through an independent study course, your kids can do a deeper dive into a content area that is of specific interest to them and gain more knowledge, skills, and expertise in this area. They can work on a specific project like:
- an engineering, science fair, or competition project
- a project for a college entrance or scholarship opportunity
- a project needed to build a portfolio that will help him/her in his/her career trajectory or work on building specific skills (i.e. coding programs, hardware, systems and processes).
Independent Studies are open to groups from 1-6 students who want to work on a specific project or content area with one of our incredible instructors. Projects and content areas must be within robotics, coding, design, or physical computing.
What’s Included: This program includes private instruction for the individual/group enrolled in the independent study project. The mentoring instructor will provide knowledge, expertise, support, and collaboration specific to the program goals and objectives with each student(s) in this program.
- Kids must have taken a minimum of 4 Build a Robot K12 courses
- Must be a current 9 - 12 grader or have graduated high school within the last 6 months
Satisfaction Guaranteed: Our promise to you. If you and your kid are not happy after the first class, we’ll give you a full refund. Or we can help you find a different course.
What is required for the project proposal?
The applicant (9 - 12 grader) must submit a 2 to 4 page project proposal for his/her independent study course that includes the following information:
- Goals and objectives for the independent study course
- Timeline s/he anticipates and any applicable deadlines
- Content areas s/he would like to cover during this course
- Current experience within this content area
- Instructor preference (if applicable)
- Anything else that is relevant to this proposal
Note: Build a Robot K12 will only accept independent study proposals where there is a good match between the content area that needs to be supported and a mentoring instructor. We want to ensure that the independent study projects are a good fit for all, so that students will have the best chance at reaching their goals and objectives. If we do not think that we are the best support for a project proposal, then we will let you know and make sure that any deposits made for the independent study program are refunded.